Sunday 2 September 2012

My Mechanical Affairs.

  I was tempted to call this blog My Analog Affairs or perhaps, Life in  pre Digital World as just about all my interests are of a pre digital nature. I will touch on this briefly now but hopefully as this blog grows I will elaborate and investigate this love affair that I have with the myriad of mechanical technologies of the Twentieth Century.
  Among the many interests I have, there is Photography, Automobiles (four and two wheels), Electronic (especially pre Solid State) Tube or Valve Amplifiers, Bicycles, Steel fabrication and Chronology (especially mechanical watches)
  I believe that what attracts me to many of these amazing mechanical devises is the sense of Human achievement that I feel when I come to understand how they work and especially how they came into being.
  Perhaps some people would point to my limited intelligence to explain my lack of interest in digital technologies but I just don't feel the romance for them that I feel for Pre digital technologies. Don't get me wrong,   I appreciate the digital age. I am using a laptop computer to write this and the photos I will display in this blog will be shot on digital cameras. These things are useful and efficient tools, they just don't get my pulse racing like the Old School stuff that I love.
  I mentioned romance in the previous paragraph. I must admit that it sounds a little queer when discribing mechanical devices but it is the closest I can come to describing my love affair with them. Hopefully this rant will go some-ways to explaining the name of my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment